100 years of steelmaking
WEIRTON - John Pandelios, an industrial engineer who worked at Weirton Steel for more than 31 years beginning in 1948 until his retirement in 1980, put together a timeline of the Weirton mill highlighting events from its founding in 1909 as the Weirton plant of the Phillips Sheet and Tin Plate Co., which was founded by E.T. Weir, James Phillips, David M. Weir, John C. Williams and Edmund Mudge. They bought the Jackson Sheet and Tin Plate Co. of Clarksburg in 1908.
This is a syndicated post. Read the original here.