MINING.com is the leading digital publication covering the global mining sector.
Since launching February 2011, we've grown fast.
- As of Jan 2016 MINING.com's monthly numbers are 1.1 million pageviews, 640,000 sessions and 360,000 users.
- Each business day we email 230,000 digests to our subscribers.
- 54% of our readers access us through desktop; 46% access us through tablet and mobile devices.
- We publish 23 digests ranging from the Australia News Digest to the Latin America Digest, from the Coal News Digest to Uranium News Digest.
- MINING.com publishes in three languages, English, Spanish and Portuguese. We have two editorial offices in Latin America: Lima, Peru and Belo Horizonte, Brazil. Our head office is in Vancouver, Canada.
- MINING.com is part of the InfoMine Advertising Network, a suite of sites that includes PeopleMine, EduMine and others. As of Nov 2015 monthly numbers are 3.4 million pageviews. 1.5 million sessions and 946,000 users.
- MINING.com won three awards from the Canadian Online Publishing Awards, one gold and two silvers. It was also a finalist in the Jack Webster Awards, British Columbia's leading journalism foundation.
- MINING.com is a truly a global publication. Half our traffic comes from countries outside of North America, from leading mining centers like Australia, South Africa, Chile and Peru.
Michael McCrae is publisher of MINING.com. Before coming to InfoMine, Michael performed pre-sales work for various software firms and banks. He began his career as a journalist working for newspapers throughout British Columbia before switching to business. Michael has an MBA and CMA.
Frik is editor and writer for MINING.com. Frik has worked as a financial journalist for 15 years appearing in a number of business and consumer publications including British Airways in-flight magazine, Business Insider, Investment.com, Driving.ca, YCharts and Business in Vancouver. Frik was a speaker at the 2014 Global Mining Summit in Las Vegas, the Mine Lifecycle Management conference in Salt Lake City and the 2015 Canada Investment Conference in Vancouver.
(DISCLAIMER: Frik Els does not own shares or hold positions in any of the equities he writes about. Nothing written should be construed as a solicitation to buy or sell any securities. Seek the advice of a broker/dealer first.)
Cecilia Jamasmie, news editor at MINING.com, has over 15 years of experience in print media, TV, online media and public relations. She specializes in Corporate Social Responsibility and the Latin American market. Cecilia has been interviewed by BBC News and CBC among thers. She has also been syndicated by Forbes, Seeking Alpha and Business in Vancouver. She holds a Master of Journalism from the University of British Columbia, Canada, and she is currently based in Halifax, Nova Scotia.