Copper industry executives to discuss market outlook at World Copper Conference
The World Copper Conference will once again be hosted in Santiago, Chile and will reinforce its position as the premier copper event in Latin America.
The conference is renowned for its calibre of attendees attracting CEOs and senior executives from leading miners, smelters, service providers, financiers, as well as government delegations. It is also a major networking event for key stakeholders from across the international copper supply chain. The conference regularly attracts 500 attendees from more than 40 countries; representing the key producers, consumers, traders, distributors, and end-users.
Dominic Halahan, CRU’s Portfolio Director for Metals Events, looks forward to this premier industry event.
“The CRU World Copper Conference is the the ideal place for the world’s leading copper executives to come together at the perfect time. The conference will help attendees understand how different scenrios may impact the price of copper in the short to medium-term and also what opportunities exist for copper producers.” Attendees at the World Copper Conference also gain access to the one-day Exploration Forum on 8 April and the Sulphuric Acid Seminar on 10 April. The three-day agenda includes key presentations from mining CEOs well as an opening presentation from the Ministry of Mines, Chile.
Additionally, the conference will include sessions on creating shareholder value, developments that may impact Chinese demand; managing project risk and costs; sustainable copper; global supply and demand trends; market updates; the latest technologies; and a dedicated session on how the price of copper may change under different market scenarios.
Key speakers confirmed include:
- Robert Friedland, Founder, Executive Co-Chairman, Ivanhoe Mines
- Nelson Pizzaro, Chief Executive Officer, Codelco
- Ruben Fernandes, Chief Executive Officer Base Metals, Anglo American
- Don Lindsay, Chief Executive Officer, Teck Resources
- Alvaro Ossio, VP Senior Commercial, Finance and Business Support, MMG Limited
- Ivan Arriagada. Group CEO, Antofagasta
- Charlie Murrah, President, Power Systems & Solutions Group, Southwire Company
- Charles O'Donnell, Group Head of Supply Chain and Business Planning, Anglo American
- Ian Linnell, President, Fitch Ratings
- Christophe Koenig, Senior Vice President, Commercial, Aurubis
- Jagdish Chandra Laddha, CEO – Birla Copper, Hindalco Industries Ltd
- Stefan Romedahl, President, Boliden Mines
Running alongside the conference is an exhibition showcasing the latest technologies, products and solutions.
The World Copper Conference will take place at the Sheraton Hotel and Convention Centre, Santiago, Chile on 8-10 April 2019.