Darwin options Surupampa epithermal gold-silver property in Peru
VANCOUVER, June 11, 2012 /CNW/ – Darwin Resources Corp. ("Darwin" or the "Company") (TSXV:DAR) (OTCPK:DARWF): Dr. Graham Carman, President & CEO, is pleased to announce that the Company has signed an option to acquire 100% of the Surupampa gold-silver property, located 60km northeast of Trujillo in the La Libertad region of northern Peru. Surupampa comprises 800 hectares, and lies adjacent to Darwin's 100%-owned Colquiloma property which comprises 450 hectares.
Key facts about the Surupampa gold-silver property:
- Located 35km northwest of Barrick's Lagunas Norte gold mine (9Moz gold) in La Libertad;
- Numerous small prospecting pits and adits lie along a 2km-long mineralized structure, which shows evidence of persistent and pervasive epithermal style alteration with associated gold and silver mineralization;
- Reconnaissance grab and channel sampling by Darwin along a 1km strike length of the structure (22 outcrop samples, 8 waste rock dump samples) associated with quartz stockwork and breccia in volcanic rocks, have returned gold ("Au") values of between 0.03 and 7.5 g/t Au, averaging 1.9 g/t Au. Silver ("Ag") values are variable ranging from the detection limit to a high of 470 g/t Ag, averaging 60 g/t Ag;
- Other sub-parallel epithermal structures have also been discovered within the property;
- To the knowledge of Darwin, Surupampa has never been drilled or systematically explored;
- Darwin can acquire 100% of the Surupampa property by making cash payments of US$300,000 over 3 years. These payments are staged with an initial US$20,000 paid on signing. The vendor retains a 2% NSR royalty which can be acquired by an additional cash payment of US$500,000;
- The property has only recently been granted, and systematic exploration will now begin once land access approvals are in place.
Dr Graham Carman states: "This acquisition is a great start for Darwin, demonstrating our team's ability to expand the Company's prospective precious metals exploration portfolio. The Surupampa property is an under-explored epithermal gold and silver system located in a pedigreed gold belt. It also provides Darwin with an opportunity to consolidate its land position in this epithermal district. While preliminary in nature, our initial rock chip grades are very encouraging for both gold and silver, and we look forward to rapidly advancing our understanding of this prospective epithermal system with systematic sampling."
Once land access agreements are complete, immediate follow-up will consist of systematic channel sampling to determine the width of the main mineralized structure, and the along strike continuity of the mineralization at surface. Negotiations with the local community are underway. We expect to continue our exploration with more detailed sampling during June-July 2012.
Note on assaying: Rock samples were analyzed by Certimin laboratories in Lima for gold (method-G0108) and silver and other trace elements (method ICP-G0146) .
The qualified person, Dr Graham Carman, Darwin's President and CEO, and a Fellow of the Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, has reviewed and verified the contents of this release.
About Darwin Resources Corp. (TSXV:DAR) (OTCPK:DARWF):
Darwin Resources Corp. is a resource acquisition and development company. The Company has a portfolio of gold and copper projects in Peru.
On behalf of the Board,
Dr Graham Carman, President & CEO
Forward Looking Statements This Company News Release contains certain "forward-looking" statements and information relating to the Company that are based on the beliefs of the Company's management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to the Company's management. Such statements reflect the current risks, uncertainties and assumptions related to certain factors including, without limitations, competitive factors, general economic conditions, customer relations, relationships with vendors and strategic partners, the interest rate environment, governmental regulation and supervision, seasonality, technological change, changes in industry practices, and one-time events. Should any one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or should any underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those described herein.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this news release.
For further information:
1305 – 1090 West Georgia St., Vancouver, BC, V6E 3V7
Company Contact: Mariana Bermudez +1 (604) 685 9316
Investor Relation Consultants – Mining Interactive
Nick Nicolaas +1 (604) 657 4058
Email: [email protected]