IMAGE GALLERY: Barrick's 3,800 metre high Pascua-Lama project
Barrick Gold (NYSE: ABX) posted a cool image gallery of its Pascua-Lama project.
Just some factoids about the mine:
- Construction capital spent to date is $4.7 to $5.0 billion.
- The future mine is located on the border of Chile and Argentina.
- Elevation ranges from 3,800 to 5,200 metres.
- The Pascua-Lama has proven and probable reserves of 17.9 million ounces of gold, with 676 million ounces of silver contained within the gold reserves.
- Production is estimated to start in mid-2013.