Komatsu America Corp. Introduces D375A-6 Dozer
More Horse Power, Optimized Blade Profile, Enhanced Operator Station and the Most Requested Mining Specs Come Standard
- 636 HP Gross (SAE J1995), 610 HP Net (SAE J1349) @ 1800 rpm
- Improved blade profile increases dozing efficiency
- New LCD color multi-monitor with self diagnostic functions
- Most requested mining specifications now standard
- Simple, durable hydraulic system
Rolling Meadows, IL, August 25, 2009 – Komatsu America Corp. (KAC) today introduced its new D375A-6 crawler dozer for use in mining and heavy construction applications. Following an extensive amount of customer input and feedback, the new dozer includes technological enhancements for even greater productivity.
The new D375A-6 is powered by a highly efficient Komatsu SAA6D170E-5 engine with an operating weight of 157,940 lbs. The dozer delivers 636 Gross HP at 1800 RPM while maintaining high fuel efficiency and meeting all EPA Tier 3 and EU stage 3A emissions requirements. Combined with new features and upgrades, the D375A-6 is an outstanding crawler dozer.
Special features of the D375A-6 include:
- Productivity Performance. The D375A-6 increases net engine output by 85 HP to 610 HP at 1800 RPM. As with the previous -5EO model, a reduction in fuel consumption is realized because of the automatic transmission with lockup torque converter. The use of Komatsu's electronic powertrain control system results in an efficient drawbar pull.An updated Full-U 28.8 cubic yard blade allows for increased production without increasing blade width or reducing digging force. The shape of the blade is similar to the next-size-class-larger Komatsu dozer, the D475A-5EO. The overall-dozing capability is increased compared to the prior model without compromising visibility and balance. Increased engine output and the optimized blade profile provide outstanding production and performance.
- Operator EnhancementsA large multi-lingual user-friendly LCD (liquid crystal display) multi-color monitor enables an operator to perform work efficiently and accurately. Excellent screen visibility is achieved with the use of TFT (Thin Film Transistor) enabling viewing at various angles and lighting conditions. Komatsu-designed function keys enable multi-function operations. Various meters, gauges and warning functions are centrally arranged for simple start-up, inspection and prompt warning of any abnormalities.To assist in environmentally aware and energy saving operation of the machine, an easy-to-read "eco gauge" is displayed on the right side of the multi-monitor screen. For energy saving operation, the operator simply operates the machine with the eco gauge in the green range.
- Standard Mining SpecificationsThere are sixteen new, standard mining specifications including but not limited to: high mounted head lights; battery and starter isolator box; centralized grease points; and manual engine stop switches. Optional mining specifications include right and left hand platforms with handrails and HID work lights. A variable piston pump derived from the successful D475A-5EO hydraulic system replaces the previous tandem gear pump for efficiency and reliability.
*All comparisons to prior model D375A-5E0 unless otherwise noted.
Komatsu America Corp. is a U.S. subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd. which is the world's second largest manufacturer and supplier of construction, mining and compact construction equipment. Through its distributor network, Komatsu offers a state-of-the-art parts and service program to support the equipment. Komatsu has proudly been providing high-quality reliable products for nearly a century. Visit the website at www.komatsuamerica.com for more information