Metso Corporation Interim Review on April 24, 2008: First quarter profitability improved. Full-year growth and profitability guidance intact.
Highlights of the first quarter
- New orders worth EUR 1,509 million were received in January-March (EUR 1,664 million in Q1/07).
- At the end of March, the order backlog was EUR 4,340 million (EUR 4,341 million at December 31, 2007).
- Net sales totaled EUR 1,400 million (EUR 1,366 million in Q1/07).
- Earnings before interest, tax and amortization (EBITA) were EUR 133.7 million, i.e. 9.6 percent of net sales (EUR 121.9 million and 8.9% in Q1/07).
- Operating profit (EBIT) was EUR 119.6 million, i.e. 8.5 percent of net sales (EUR 108.4 million and 7.9% in Q1/07).
- Earnings per share were EUR 0.55 (EUR 0.50 in Q1/07).
- Free cash flow was EUR 99 million negative (EUR 106 million positive in Q1/07).
- Return on capital employed (ROCE) was 20.9 percent (20.9% in Q1/07).
More at metso.com