Noront updates progress at McFaulds No.8 VMS discovery

Toronto-based Noront Resources, 85% owner of the McFaulds volcanogenic massive sulphide property in the Ring of Fire, has completed a 2,059-metre copper-zinc focused program at the No.8 deposit. (KWG Resources holds the other 15% of the project.)

Hole MCF-19-102 did not intersect massive sulphide, but returned a very respectable 20.0 metres grading 2.0% copper and 0.1% zinc within a zone of abundant copper laminations and stringers. The intersection formed part of a 36.6-metre section that graded 1.2% copper and 0.1% zinc.

Noront said in a news release that a 25-metre wide zone of strong garnet-magnetite alteration with an associated zinc-lead-silver anomaly has been drilled immediately beneath the copper zone. The horizon appears similar in character to the No.10 zone, which suggests the two hydrothermal systems (No.8 and No.10) overlap in the area.

A second phase of drilling at McFaulds is in the planning stages.

(This article first appeared in the Canadian Mining Journal)

294 0