Osisko Metals cut 9.4% Pb+Zn over 12 metres at Pine Point
Montreal-based Osisko Metals has received assay results from 127 drill holes in the M-40 area within the East Mill zone at the Pine Point mining camp 65 km east of Hay River. The results are promising and they will help convert near surface, historical drill results into an upgraded 43-101 resource estimate.
All intersections were within a flat lying, tabular deposit and none were deeper than 60 metres below surface. Here are some highlights:
- Hole M40-18-PP-072: 12.17 metres at 8.16% zinc and 1.24% lead;
- Hole M40-18-PP-128: 6.0 metres at 6.12% zinc and 4.31% lead;
- Hole M40-18-PP-138: 3.83 metres at 10.84% zinc and 6.91% lead;
- Hole M40-18-PP-140: 5.37 metres at 10.60% zinc and 1.84% lead; and
- Hole L37-17-PP-001: 3.15 metres at 5.87% zinc and 2.73% lead.
Osisko says the M40 area contains six modeled pits within the current mineral resource and stretches over a strike length of 1,070 metres.
(This article first appeared in the Canadian Mining Journal)