PDAC 2016: Talking geological due diligence with Keith Laskowski, VP Technical Services, Sandstorm Gold
MINING.com joined Keith Laskowski, Vice President of Technical Services for Sandstorm Gold at PDAC 2016. Mr. Laskowski has over 35 years in the mining industry working as a specialist in resource evaluation. He’s visited over 60 countries and 100’s of projects to determine if there is value in the ground. Formerly, he was the Principal Mining Specialist for the World Bank- International Finance Corporation in Washington DC.
Interview discussion points:
- What was the opportunity you saw when originally joining Sandstorm?
- What are your preliminary steps when determining if there is value or not in the ground?
- The required due diligence from you for the recent streaming deal with Teck Resources.
- Geological interpretation of Mariana Resources Hot Maden project which was included in the Teck streaming deal
- Advice for resource investors to perform their own due diligence on mining projects and companies