• Led a team of editors, sales people and tech staff and built the largest digital news site covering the global mining industry—1.2 million PV per month and over 500,000 email sign-ups. Revenue growth averaged 100% annually.
• Developed and executed a marketing and sales program targeting Fortune 500 companies. Signed up Shell, Imperial Oil, Caterpillar, Veolia, Siemens and Joy Global.
• Managed a sales team of close to a dozen direct and indirect hires. Staff is located throughout the world in Canada, U.S., South Africa, Australia, Peru and Chile.
• Modernized sales and publishing tools. Implemented Salesforce, Pardot, WordPress, Google Analytics and DFP for Publishers.
• Used Google Analytics and other traffic tools to analyze visitor behaviour. Conducted A/B testing to increase sales.
• Wrote the sites's most popular post, a story that appeared on the front page of Reddit. Post received over 70,000 impressions.
• Worked at ACCPAC as a Business Analyst. Helped design feature set for Advantage Series, a software accounting package.
• Developed executive workshops at University of British Columbia. Audience was PhD and master’s students. Topics ranged from grants writing to project management.
• Responsible for analyzing business processes at brokerages and financial institutions. Tracked transaction volumes by developing customized SQL commands on PostgreSQL.
• Worked with the client to integrate payment mechanisms within the software, such as payment gateways and direct electronic funds transfer.
Welcome to MINING People, the new face of PeopleMine!
In order to serve the mining community better, we've moved PeopleMine to MINING.com, renamed it "MINING People", and given it a whole new look.
We've also added a personal home page called "MyHome", where you can see all the industry content you're following in one convenient place. Now you can save your searches and follow discussion topics right from your personal MyHome.