Experienced Project Controls Management Professional with skills in Cost, Planning, Estimating, Procurement, Project Management, Contracts Administration and Claims Analysis and proven expertise in Primavera, Prolog and a multitude of other cost control, project management, earned value and estimating systems.
Currently Senior Manager in the project controls team for development and management of the EPCM life cycle for a USD $4.1B Greenfield mine site and production facility in Canada. Roles in Afghanistan, Canada and the USA include major EPCM projects in industrial, buildings and infrastr …[+] ucture valued from USD $1.2B to $14B. Over 25 years of increasingly responsible experience on a wide variety of markets including mining, military, manufacturing, IT infrastructure, power generation and transmission, heavy civil and pipeline with a diverse background that includes a MBA, BS in Mining Engineering and a Professional Engineering license.
PROJECT TYPES • Mining • Civil, Transportation, Tunnel • Processing Plants • Wellfield, Pipeline, Tank Farm • Military • Rail, Mass Transit • Power Plant & Transmission • Data Center • Higher Education
Versatile, flexible, safety conscious team leader and player with excellent communication skills at all levels, with proven ability to work under pressure in any situation. Experienced in building relationships in multi-national environments and adaptable to working a seven day week on long rotations in remote harsh locations. [-]
Amec Foster Wheeler, a full life-cycle services firm in the global energy and related sectors, is currently building a potash solution mine for K+S Potash Canada. The Legacy Project is situated on a greenfield site located approximately 30 kilometers north-east of Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada. The plant will have the capacity to produce 2,860,000 metric tonnes of potash product per year when complete.
Senior Manager supervising a project controls team for the Legacy Project; a USD $4.1B greenfield site including well field development and pipeline, production facility, infrastructure with rail and support facilities and construction camp. Primary duties include:
• Development of the project controls portion of the project management plan including standardized procedures for document control and reporting
• Authored standard Project Controls Reporting contract requirements for cost, progress and CPM schedule used in all trade contractor agreements
• Creation of master resource loaded schedules (Levels 1 – 3) and all weekly and monthly updates required for owner approval of monthly invoice and project coordination including FEED, basic engineering, detailed engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning and start-up
• Preparation of all bid package/contract schedules
• Development of work breakdown structure; area and phasing plans; budgets; key performance indicators
• Development of database and standard reports for progress/performance reporting
• Develop progress and reporting systems to ensure alignment of monthly contractor invoices, EPCM reporting and owner cost management systems
• Contractor coordination for schedule, progress and cost optimization
• Review and approval of target with updates of schedule, progress and cost trends; approval of contractor Level 4 schedules
• Monthly forecast for cost, schedule and progress
• Full report responsibility for weekly and monthly owner and upper management presentations
• Evaluation of all contractor change orders and impact analyses
• Prepare forensic claims analysis and make recommendations regarding time and cost. Provide subject matter expertise and participate with upper management in the successful execution of negotiated settlements for owner and contractor claims
Michael Baker International, a leading, full service provider of engineering and construction management services supported the US Army Corps of Engineers in Kabul, Afghanistan in the Operation Enduring Freedom infrastructure development program worth USD $14.4B including military complexes, wastewater treatment plants, power plants and transmission lines, roads, and airport projects. As direct liaison with the client, responsible for increasing contract from 6 months to 4 years; 10 to 30 personnel, value by over 600%.
Supervised team of personnel responsible for:
• Project controls (planners, cost analysts, specialists) from project conception through completion, including bid package preparation and analysis, monthly contractor pay request evaluation and approval and change management
• Progress, schedule, cost analysis, forecasting and reporting
• Develop key milestones and KPIs, analysis of performance, productivity and unit rates
• Work breakdown structure development
• Field office construction management (project engineers, office engineers, construction representatives)
• Data management (database managers, analysts, coordinators) for creation of databases, quality control of data into U.S. Government’s Project Management software (RMS) and management reporting (internal and external) of contract, cost and schedule; training support for cost and schedule systems
• Authored CPM schedule specification used in all construction contracts
• Preparation of all forensic claims analysis/ recommendations (time and cost impacts) and required subject matter expert participant as extension of government’s staff in the successful negotiations for contractor-government filings
• Presentations to owner
• Staff management including recruitment, screening and interviewing personnel. Performance evaluations, professional development and disciplinary actions as required
• Established standard policies and procedures and ongoing revisions necessary in contingent environment; staff performance evaluations
Welcome to MINING People, the new face of PeopleMine!
In order to serve the mining community better, we've moved PeopleMine to MINING.com, renamed it "MINING People", and given it a whole new look.
We've also added a personal home page called "MyHome", where you can see all the industry content you're following in one convenient place. Now you can save your searches and follow discussion topics right from your personal MyHome.