Finding Solutions to Fit Your Company’s Needs...
Having over 20yrs of experience working in a variety of industries such as Mining & Quarrying, Chemical & Physical product Manufacturing, Law Enforcement, Oil & Gas, and Farming provides me with a variety of industry knowledge, standards, best practices, and resources to fit your company’s uniqueness.
Safety, Health & Environmental Manager
Successfully managed all safety, health, and environmental initiatives to ensure the company remained in compliance with Provincial and Federal statutes and regulations.
• Facilitated the movement of the site from being a high priority site to one of the company’s top performers in SH&E.
• Created and implemented an SH&E Leadership program for Managers and Supervisors centered on the Internal Responsibility System.
• Strengthened the hazard recognition, evaluation, and control program to improve the site’s internal reporting frequency from an average of five reports per month to 75.
• Lowered the site’s WCB assessment rates by 30% and maintained them at a consistent rate of approximately 30% less than the industry average.
• Organization’s site was recognized as an industry leader for outstanding safety performance in 2013 by being selected winner of the J.T Ryan Regional Safety Trophy.
• Developed and implemented a Tailings Management water quality monitoring and improvement plan to bring the site into compliance.
o The site’s environmental performance increased to a level of going nearly three years without a reportable environmental incident from historically experiencing several a year.
• Successfully prepared and conducted environmental community consultations in support of site expansion that created positive community relations.
• Built and maintained trusting and respectful relationships with key industry stakeholders and regulatory bodies.
• Successfully obtained multiple quarry development and operational work permits
• Received approval from regulatory authorities for proposed changes to the site final tailings effluent discharge control structure
& Environmental Program Development • Risk Assessment
Analysis & Management • Hazard Identification
& Control Techniques • Industrial Hygiene Program Development and Administration • Data Management • Adult Teaching / Public Speaking • Emergency Response Program Development • Project Management • Chemical & Process Safety • Familiarity with Geomechanical Risk Evaluation and Geotechnical Instrumentation • Professional Investigator
Certified member of the Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals, Member of the Manitoba Chapter of the American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA)
Welcome to MINING People, the new face of PeopleMine!
In order to serve the mining community better, we've moved PeopleMine to MINING.com, renamed it "MINING People", and given it a whole new look.
We've also added a personal home page called "MyHome", where you can see all the industry content you're following in one convenient place. Now you can save your searches and follow discussion topics right from your personal MyHome.