For more than past 8 years, I worked as a team member along with professionals across many disciplines in multiple nations with a primary focus on finding opportunities in Gold and Non-Ferrous metals mining and processing, in a number of countries such as in the Islamic Republic of Iran, Armenia, Georgia, Central and Siberia.
• Established the Mining Geologic Project start-up for the purpose of hard mineral (gold, silver, copper, molybdenum, lead,) exploration and development in Georgia, Armenia, Iran and Western Siberia, and grew it to over 200 total employees and over 40 mln. USD in consolidated equity value.
• Initiated and maintained relationship with the government (state and local), taxation, labor, and licensing authorities.
• IRAN: Set up an Iranian Joint Venture Zarrin Dagh Astarkan (PJS). Established efficient relationships with Iranian governmental, licensing, geological and mining, taxation authorities. Set up local management office and site operations facilities. Received and maintained an Iranian business operation license (FIL) and obtained an Iranian exploration certificate for the Andarain Gold Mine (former Mivehrood prospect) located in the East Azerbaijan Province of Iran (The area is 36.7 km2). Supervised exploration and tryout heap leaching operations. Introduced GAAP budgeting and reporting standards.
• GEORGIA: As Director General supervised the contry’s largest gold and copper extraction/exploration enterprises JSC Madneuli. Initialed and executed the environmental amnesty agreement with the state government. Played an active role in setting up the company’s new management and financial reporting policies. Raised capital for further mine development true writing a new business plan and pitching it to major creditors. Negotiated and singed new tax restructuring agreement with the taxation authorities of Georgia.
• ARMENIA: Supervised exploration and development work within the currently operating Akhtala open cut and processing plant reconstruction in the concession area in Armanis copper-zinc-gold mining field (north of Armenia). Supervised resource updates and reserve calculations for each of the operations of the group, working with Snowden Australia, SRK Europe and relevant consultants. Wrote a business plan, raised funds and supervised construction of a new mining and processing facility in Armanis (Sothern Armenia). Successfully cut initially planned investment by close to 20% by closely monitoring and advising on CAPEX procurement policies and contractual obligations execution.
• WESTERN SIBERIA: Responsible for writing the business plan and the roadmap for licensing, obtaining all local permits for reserving a concession territory for gold exploration and mining. Organized teams for initial regional project development. Currently pitching the project to private investors to raise funds for further project development.
• Took an active role in acquiring and following restructuring and development Quarzite gold-silver mining and heap leaching complex acquired from Bolnisi Gold NL (Australia), Dastakert Copper-Molybdenum mining field (Georgia), Chimbukhlu golden field (Armenia).
• Supervised over the project team (consultants, geology specialists, analysts, lawyers) and provided guidance for projects execution.
• Oversaw the construction of the Armanis copper-zinc-gold mining and processing plant. Provided ongoing progress report, was in charge control and budgeting.
• Presented the results, up-to-date financial models of the projects to the board. Worked on business plans and models for quasi-equity/debt financing
• Solely performed all financial modeling and valuation analyses.
• Oversaw staff in the preparation of financial statements in accordance to US GAAP and IFRS.
• Managed the office of 12 analyst and mining experts.
Welcome to MINING People, the new face of PeopleMine!
In order to serve the mining community better, we've moved PeopleMine to MINING.com, renamed it "MINING People", and given it a whole new look.
We've also added a personal home page called "MyHome", where you can see all the industry content you're following in one convenient place. Now you can save your searches and follow discussion topics right from your personal MyHome.