Conference to showcase opportunities in Canada’s Nova Scotia’s gold rush
Nova Scotia is in the middle of a gold rush,” said Sean Kirby, Executive Director of MANS. “One gold mine opened in 2017, four are in the permitting process and there is a lot of exploration taking place. The Nova Scotia Gold Show will be an opportunity for investors and exploration companies to learn about the exciting opportunities in Nova Scotia.”
The Gold Show will take place October 17-19, 2019 in Halifax:
- A tour of Atlantic Gold’s Touquoy gold mine will take place on Thursday, October 17. Due to space limitations, the tour is for investors only. The successful opening of Touquoy in 2017 triggered a rush of staking and gold exploration in Nova Scotia.
- October 18 will feature a series of speakers discussing gold projects and the province’s geology for gold at the Alt Hotel at Halifax airport.
- October 19 will feature site visits for attendees who want to visit some of the projects being discussed, including Anaconda Mining’s Goldboro Gold Project.
Featured speakers will include:
- Atlantic Gold, which opened the Touquoy gold mine in 2017 as part of its Moose River Consolidated Project (MRCP). The mine, the first of four planned in the MRCP, is expected to produce between 92,000 and 98,000 ounces of gold in 2019 at All-In-Sustaining-Costs between CAD$695 – $755 / oz. (US$521-566/oz. @ 0.75 USD/CAD) (http://www.atlanticgoldcorporation.com/).
- Anaconda Mining which is currently doing permitting for the Goldboro Gold Project, an advanced exploration and development project on Nova Scotia’s eastern shore. Anaconda also operates the Point Rousse Project located in the Baie Verte Mining District in Newfoundland. (https://www.anacondamining.com).
- Northern Shield Resources, while better known for generating high-quality Ni-Cu-PGE targets, recognized a unique opportunity that came its way in 2017. This led to the discovery of a large, low sulphidation epithermal gold system in Nova Scotia, the first of its kind in the province. Such systems are highly prized for their potential to host “bonanza” gold and silver grades (http://northern-shield.com/).
- Transition Metals whose Highland Gold project is a large regional stream sediment gold anomaly in the Cape Breton Highlands. It has similar geology to deposits in the Carolinas, Newfoundland and the British Islands. Work by Transition identifies potential for high sulphidation gold systems on the property (http://www.transitionmetalscorp.com/).
- Osprey Gold which has a portfolio of highly prospective gold assets in Nova Scotia’s most prolific mining district. The Company’s flagship project is Goldenville, located in the historical mining district of the same name – one of eastern Canada’s most significant gold belts. https://www.ospreygold.com/
More details about the conference are at http://tmans.ca/goldshow.
The Nova Scotia Gold Show is being organized by MANS in partnership with the Nova Scotia Prospectors Association and the Government of Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia’s mining and quarrying industry employs 5500 Nova Scotians and generates $420 million per year in economic activity.