Mobil Delvac 1™ Delivers Fuel Economy and Productivity Benefits for Construplan
- Extended oil drain intervals increase equipment productivity
- Reduced fuel consumption and waste oil help to improve Construplan’s operations1
- Mobil industrial and commercial vehicle lubricants designed to help
optimise mine site operations
MOSCOW, Russia – The introduction of the synthetic heavy-duty diesel engine oil, Mobil Delvac 1™ ESP 5W-40, has delivered significant performance benefits for Mexican customer Construplan, including the reduction of oil consumption and the extension of oil drain intervals1. This advanced oil is part of ExxonMobil’s comprehensive range of high performance lubricants and services which have been designed to help optimise the safety and productivity of mine site operations when compared to conventional mineral oils.
At the La Herradura mine, located in Sonora Desert of Mexico, Construplan operates more than 40 pieces of heavy-duty equipment, including large trucks, heavy-duty pickups and excavators that rely on Mobil Delvac 1™ synthetic heavy-duty diesel engine oil. Along with heavy loads, the equipment at the mine is often subjected to extreme conditions – ranging from 50 degrees Celsius (125⁰ F) in the summer to -10⁰ C in the winter (-14⁰F).
Since implementing Mobil Delvac 1 in its operations, Construplan has reported significant benefits, including enhanced equipment performance, increased uptime, improved fuel economy and extended oil drain intervals when compared to conventional mineral oils. As a result, Construplan leaders say they have been able to reduce oil consumption, minimise used oil waste, and maximise the overall productivity of their equipment and people.
Mobil Delvac 1 branded heavy-duty engine oils are part of comprehensive offer to the mining industry, which include Mobil SHC™ synthetic oil and greases, and Mobil DTE™ Series high-performance hydraulic fluids. These products are formulated to help mining companies achieve their safety and productivity related goals, and can deliver a range of performance benefits, including prolonged equipment life, improved energy efficiency and extended oil life when compared to conventional mineral oils. The Mobil industrial range of lubricants includes:
- Mobil SHC™ 600 Series – Mobil SHC 600 oils can deliver a service life up to six times longer than competitive, mineral oil based, gear and bearing lubricants. Also, in independent university laboratory testing, and statistically validated field tests, the Mobil SHC 600 Series have demonstrated their ability to deliver an energy savings of up to 3.6 percent2.
- Mobil DTE 10 Excel™ Series – High performance hydraulic oils that provide long oil life and help minimise deposit formation in severe hydraulic systems. In addition, in controlled laboratory efficiency testing, Mobil DTE 10 Excel was measured to provide up to a 6 percent3 improvement in hydraulic pump efficiency compared to standard hydraulic oil, when operating in typical hydraulic applications.
- Mobilgrease XHPTM MINE Series – These greases are specifically designed to meet the needs of off-highway and mining equipment that require lubricants which offer exceptional extreme pressure / anti-wear performance, and will remain in place even in tough conditions, including high sliding and high temperatures.
“With mining equipment often subjected to extremely heavy loads and operating in challenging environments, mine operators can sometimes find it challenging to find the right solutions that will help enhance efficiency and increase productivity,” said Umut Urkun, Industrial Lubricants Marketing Advisor – Europe, Africa & Middle East, ExxonMobil Fuels & Lubricants. “We have worked closely with mining professionals for more than 50 years to obtain the necessary insights required to formulate products that help to maximise productivity in a safe and cost-efficient way.”
Alongside its high quality lubricants, ExxonMobil offers its proprietary online oil analysis service, Signum™ Oil Analysis. Signum enables operators to proactively monitor the condition of lubricants and address conditions which have the potential to lead to unscheduled downtime and increased costs.
At Mining World Russia, ExxonMobil will be showcasing its extensive offering of advanced lubrication solutions, in pavilion 2, hall 6, stand J02. For more information about Mobil-branded lubricants and services, please contact the ExxonMobil Lubricants Technical Help Desk on [email protected] or +420 221 456 426, or visit www.mobilindustrial.com