Time is running out to register for International Heap Leach Conference 2013
The International Heap Leach Conference 2013 (Vancouver, September 22 – 25) will provide a unique opportunity for discussion of all aspects of heap leaching, bringing together professionals to share their expertise and experience in the successful development, operation and closure of heap leach projects.
Contact [email protected]e.com or visit http://www.heapleachconference.com/
Where: Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Vancouver Hotel, Vancouver, Canada
When: September 22 – 25, 2013
This unique conference series covers diverse heap leach related topics for a range of metals, including gold, silver, copper, uranium and nickel. The inaugural conference showcases many new ideas and applications for geosynthetic use in heap leach pads.
- Ore Characterization / Metallurgical Testwork
- Design and Construction
- Operations and Metal Recovery
- Closure and Post-closure
- Technology Developments
Authors representing a wide range of scientific and professional backgrounds submitted over 50 quality papers for this conference, ensuring scientific excellence. The list of authors includes more than 100 skilled and experienced scientists and engineers. We are proud to present a short sample:
- Brian Ayres – Vice-President and Senior Geotechnical Engineer with O’Kane Consultants based in Saskatoon, Canada
- Geoff Lane – President and Chief Mineralogist at Process Mineralogical Consulting Ltd, Canada
- Jim Gebhardt – Ph.D. from the University of California Berkeley specializing in mineral processing and extractive metallurgy. Currently a Technical Specialist for FLSmidth in the USA.
- John Lupo – Ph.D. from the Colorado School of Mines in Geological Engineering (1996). Senior Director of Geotechnical Engineering and Hydrogeology for Newmont Mining Corporation in Colorado.
Two short courses will be offered on Sunday, September 22 prior to the Heap leach Solutions conference.
These short courses are specifically designed to help participants get the most out of the conference, which provides a place where new ideas, technologies and practices can be discussed and shared between scientists and engineers.
Each of the courses on offer is a full day course running from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm.
- Course A – Introduction to heap leach project design
This one-day course will provide an introduction to heap leach project development, focusing on the heap leach pad itself and key interfaces with other key disciplines.
- Course B – Static and seismic slope stability for heap leach pads
This short course will prepare engineers to design heap leach pad slopes that are statically and seismically stable. This is an advanced, discussion-oriented short course on the stability of and testing for geosynthetic lined slopes.