March 19, 2018 Electric vehicles, higher prices to boost global copper output — report Global copper output is expected to climb from 20.4 million tonnes this year to 28 million tonnes by 2027.
March 16, 2018 Rio Tinto hires UBS to explore Pacific Aluminium listing – sources The mining group has tried to sell the division many times without success.
March 16, 2018 De Beers, Mountain Province go after Kennady Diamonds to expand joint Canadian mine The partners in Canada's Gahcho Kué mine, Mountain Province, said the planned acquisition opens up some potential new options for the operation’s future.
March 16, 2018 World’s No. 1 copper miner Codelco made a $2.88 billion profit in 2017 Best performance in three years.
March 15, 2018 Ex-banker’s home said to be raided in UK Rio Tinto probe UK investigators raided home of former investment banker to look for evidence connected with a bribery investigation into mining giant Rio Tinto Group.
March 14, 2018 Chile’s Escondida invites union to early labor talks Last year, a more than month-long strike at Escondida ended with workers opting to extend their previous contract through July 31 of this year instead of replacing it.
March 13, 2018 Barrick chairman Thornton boosts ownership with major share buy The boss of the world's top gold miner has bought 306,000 additional shares in the company.
March 13, 2018 Anglo says cleaning up mining will earn it billions in profit Mining is a dirty business, but Anglo American Plc Chief Executive Officer Mark Cutifani says it doesn’t have to be.
March 13, 2018 Anti-corruption body asks Rio for Oyu Tolgoi-related info Request relates to an investigation about possible abuse of power by authorized officials during negotiation of the 2009 Oyu Tolgoi investment agreement.
March 12, 2018 Canada’s Trudeau tells metal workers: ‘We have your backs’ “We are ready to take action whenever action is required ... we had your backs last week and we always will,” Trudeau said after visiting a Rio Tinto smelter in…
Iran says potential energy, mining deals on table in talks with US Iran has threatened to strike US bases in the Middle East if it is attacked by US forces but on Sunday took a conciliatory line. February 15, 2026 | 09:34 am