Eastmain reports drill results from Eleonore South JV
Eastmain Resources, operator of the Eleonore South joint venture in the Ontario’s James Bay region, has released results from 26 diamond drill holes completed in fall 2018 and winter 2019 programs. Eleonore South is a three-way joint venture of Eastmain (36.7%), Azimut Exploration of Montreal (26.6%) and Newmont Goldcorp (36.7%).
Recent drilling focused on the Cheechoo tonalite over a strike length of 1.3 km and southern and western extensions of gold mineralization along the Contact and Moni trends. The summer 2019 surface program that began in August includes a budget for follow-up drilling this month.
The best assays came from three holes drilled in the Contact trend:
- Hole ES19-156: 7.44 g/t gold over 9.7 metres, including 63.2 g/t over 0.8 metres;
- Hole ES19-157: 1.02 g/t gold over 92.0 metres, including 7.36 g/t over 8.2 metres; and
- Hole ES19-157: 0.54 g/t gold over 20.4 metres.
Two high grade assays from the Central tonalite (between the Moni and Contact trends) are notable:
- Hole ES18-143: 8.12 g/t gold over 1.5 metre; and
- Hole ES19-147: 16.7 g/t gold over 1.5 metre.
(This article first appeared in the Canadian Mining Journal)