Prize Mining retains JDS for Kena project study
Prize Mining Corp. of Vancouver has engaged JDS Energy and Mining to undertake a scoping level engineering and economic study of the company’s Kena gold project in the Kootenay Boundary region, just a few kilometres south of Nelson.
The Kena projects includes the Kena, Daylight and Toughnut properties. The previous owner compiled a 43-101 resource estimate in 2013 that included 24.9 million indicated tonnes at 0.60 g/t gold for 481,000 oz. of gold; and 85.8 million inferred tonnes at 0.48 g/t for 1.3 million oz.
JDS will focus its study on high grade, low tonnage mining and milling. Recommendations will be included for the following:
- Potential plant types and processes;
- Conceptual mine design and operating scenarios;
- Surface infrastructure requirements;
- Waste handling and storage;
- Offsite logistics;
- Capital and operating costs estimates; and
- Project concept and high level economic evaluation.
This article first appeared in the Canadian Mining Journal