BHP Billiton production report
BHP Billiton announced its production report for the quarter ended 30 September 2012. The company has highlighted the following:
- The release of latent capacity and robust operating performance across our diversified portfolio continues to underpin strong growth in our high margin businesses.
- Petroleum production averaged a record 666 thousand barrels of oil equivalent per day during the September 2012 quarter as the Atlantis and Mad Dog facilities in the Gulf of Mexico successfully recommenced production.
- Queensland Coal volumes rose by 20% during the September 2012 quarter as BMA production increased to over 80% of supply chain capacity
- Western Australia Iron Ore achieved another significant milestone with first ore loaded from the two recently installed shiploaders at Nelson Point as part of the Inner Harbour Expansion project.
- Escondida copper production remains on track to increase by 20% in the 2013 financial year following the completion of scheduled maintenance and tie-in activities in the September 2012 quarter.