The process of developing an economic mine is sometimes equated to a frantic army of baby turtles scurrying across the beach to the ocean. Most of them are picked off by seagulls. Only 1% of junior explorers will morph into a producing mine.
A career fair at Yukon College in Whitehorse has attracted job-seekers to fill positions at Victoria Gold Corp.’s (VIT:TSX.V) Eagle Gold Mine project north of Mayo, Yukon.
The Eagle Gold Project in Yukon Canada hosts an NI 43-101 reserve of 2.7 million ounces of gold (123Mt @ 0.67 g/t). The project is fully permitted for production. Construction is underway. According to the company, Eagle Gold is expected to produce about 200,000 ounces of gold per year for 10 years at a cost of $550 per ounce.
As construction begins, Victoria Gold continues an aggressive drill program, expanding the potential resource beyond the scope of the registered mine plan.
October 17, 2017, drill results include 1.9m @ 14.65g/t Au at the Catto Zone and:
According to the press release, “these latest results are from the 11 exploration drill holes completed on the Catto Zone. Located between the Eagle Gold Mine and the Olive-Shamrock Deposit, the Catto Zone was the location of historic high-grade gold mines and has seen only cursory contemporary mineral exploration.”
Other recent results include 146m @ 0.67 g/t Au; including 14m @ 4.87 g/t Au trench results at newly discovered Bluto Target, Dublin Gulch, Yukon.
“Bluto has been a high-priority target on the Potato Hills Trend for many years,” stated Victoria CEO John McConnell. “The fact that a high-grade gold vein was discovered early in this campaign demonstrates that our Potato Hills Trend mineralization model is working.”
On October 30, 2017, PI Financial published a corporate update on Victoria Gold.
PI Financial commented on the remaining two drill results of Victoria Gold’s four-hole drill program targeting areas below the existing pit.
“Results verify the continuity of mineralization at depth and have increased the strike length of the Eagle Deep target by an additional 400m as compared to the previous two holes,” stated PI Financial analyst Gary Sidhu in the report. “The resulting grades are well above the Eagle Deposit resource cut-off of 0.15 g/t Au and allow for the potential of relatively simple mine life additions in the future.”
Sidhu stated that “Victoria controls what we consider to be a strategic asset: a sizeable gold development project (~200koz/y), which can be developed for a reasonable initial capital expenditure (~C$400m), located in a top-tier political jurisdiction (Yukon), with full permits for construction in hand (received December 2015). We expect Victoria will garner interest from a variety of gold producers as an M&A target.”
PI Financial gives Victoria Gold a Buy rating and price target of CA$1.10—about double the current share price.
Victoria Gold is one baby turtle that made it all the way.
1) Lukas Kane compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise reports as an independent contractor. He or members of his household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. He or members of his household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: Victoria Gold Corp. Streetwise Reports does not accept stock in exchange for its services. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article, until one week after the publication of the interview or article.
Additional disclosures about the sources cited in this article
Disclosures from PI Financial, Victoria Gold Corp., Corporate Update, Oct. 30, 2017
I, Gary Sidhu, hereby certify that all of the views expressed in this report accurately reflect my personal views about the subject securities or issuers. I also certify that no part of my compensation was, is, or will be, directly or indirectly related to the specific recommendations or views expressed in this report. I am the research analyst primarily responsible for preparing this report.
1) PI Financial Corp. and its affiliates’ holdings in the subject company’s securities, in aggregate exceeds 1% of each company’s issued and outstanding securities. No
2) The analyst(s) responsible for the report or recommendation on the subject company, a member of the research analyst’s household, and associate of the research analyst, or any individual directly involved in the preparation of this report, have a financial interest in, or exercises investment discretion or control over, securities issued by the following companies. No
3) PI Financial Corp. and/or its affiliates have received compensation for investment banking services for the subject company over the preceding 12-month period. No
4) PI Financial Corp. and/or its affiliates expect to receive or intend to seek compensation for investment banking services from the subject company. Yes
5) PI Financial Corp. and/or its affiliates have managed or co-managed a public offering of securities for the subject company in the past 12 months. No
6) The following director(s), officer(s) or employee(s) of PI Financial Corp. is a director of the subject company in which PI provides research coverage. No
7) A member of the research analyst’s household serves as an officer, director or advisory board member of the subject company. No
8) PI Financial Corp. and/or its affiliates make a market in the securities of the subject company. No
9) Company has partially funded previous analyst visits to its projects. Yes
10) Additional disclosure: No
Analysts are compensated through a combined base salary and bonus payout system. The bonus payout is amongst other factors determined by revenue generated directly or indirectly from various departments including Investment Banking. Evaluation is largely on an activity-based system that includes some of the following criteria: reports generated, timeliness, performance of recommendations, knowledge of industry, quality of research and investment guidance, and client feedback. Analysts and all other Research staff are not directly compensated for specific Investment Banking transactions.
Source: Streetwise Reports (11/7/17)