Global metals & mining deals total $1.66bn in February
Metals & mining industry deals for February 2020 worth $1.66 billion were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked an increase of 52% over the previous month and a drop of 53.7% when compared with the last 12-month average of $3.58 billion.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 4.6% over the last 12-month average with 103 deals against the average of 108 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $730.79 million.
Metals & mining industry deals in February 2020: Top deals
The top five metals & mining deals accounted for 72.3% of the overall value during February 2020.
The combined value of the top five metals & mining deals stood at $1.2 billion, against the overall value of $1.66 billion recorded for the month.
The top five metals & mining industry deals of February 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Harmony Gold’s $300 million acquisition of AngloGold Security Services, Covalent Water Company, First Uranium (Pty) and Masakhisane Investments.
- The $300 million private equity deal with New Gold by Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan.
- Guerrero Ventures’ $268 million asset transaction with Orion Resource Partners (USA).
- The $263 million asset transaction with Mantos Copper Holding by Mitsubishi Materials.
- Kotak Special Situations Fund’s private equity deal with Jindal Stainless for $69 million.